The Society represents local interests to authorities such as RBKC, Thames Water and the Greater London Authority and acts on behalf of residents on issues such as inappropriate building development, traffic noise and illegal advertising.
Our vision is to:
- Protect our listed buildings and the architectural features that are important to the character of Norland.
- Retain a variety of local amenities and businesses.
- Enhance our open spaces, gardens and trees.
- Manage new development in such as way as to conserve local character.
- Reduce traffic noise and disturbance in residential areas.
- Make it easy for pedestrians to move safely and freely through Norland.
- Maintain social diversity.
- Encourage neighbourhood pride and local involvement of individuals and organisations.